As part of the new DFG programme “Specialized information services for Researchers” Heidelberg University Library and Bayerische Staatsbibliothek Munich are expanding their existing offers to a joint Specialized Information Service Classics. The areas of competence developed in the first phase of the project will be consistently further developed in five fields of action.
In close collaboration with researchers we focus our efforts on the following areas for 2019-2021:
- Provision of information ressources
- Expansion of the field specific information infrastructure Propylaeum / PropylaeumSEARCH
- Electronic publishing in Open Access – Propylaeum-E-Publishing, including extension of the offer for the project "Publishing-Plus"
- Sustainability for excellent specialised information (Migration of the Gnomon Bibliographic Database)
- Science communication/PR/marketing
Bayerische Staatsbibliothek München is responsible for the fields of Byzantine Studies, Ancient History, Classical philology, Medieval and Neo-Latin philology and Pre- and Early History, while Heidelberg University Library is in charge of Egyptology and Classical Archeology.